NAMI San Antonio Board of Directors Nominations
The mission of NAMI San Antonio is to improve the quality of life for people affected by mental illness by providing education, support, and advocacy.
Nominations to run for open seats on the Board of Directors will be accepted through Oct. 1, 2018.
New board members will serve a three-year term beginning January 1, 2019 through December 31, 2021.
QUALIFICATIONS: NOMINEES MUST
- Be a NAMI San Antonio member in good standing;
- Fulfill areas of expertise needed by the board (e.g., financial, development, advocacy, etc.);
- Be able to devote time and resources to include bi-monthly Board Meetings and board level committee meetings as appropriate;
- Participate in the NAMI Walk, the Visionary Lunch and other events and activities that help support the mission of NAMI San Antonio.
Please send a letter of nomination to the Nominating Committee along with answers to the questions below provided by the nominee. Nominations to the Board of Directors of NAMI San Antonio must be received by in writing or electronically no later than October 1, 2018 to:
NAMI San Antonio
Board Nominating Committee
6800 Park Ten Blvd. Ste.246
San Antonio TX, 78213
Please have the person being nominated address the following questions:
- Why do you want to serve on the NAMI San Antonio Board of Directors?
- What skills do you bring to help the organization fulfill its mission?
- Do you or a family member have a mental health diagnosis or are you the caregiver for someone with a diagnosis?
- What activities of NAMI San Antonio have you participated in prior to your nomination?
- What other organizations have your participated in that complement the mission of NAMI?
- Other comments re: your nomination